2019 Innovation Showcase - Best Pitch Winner - Baby Page
"This is an amazing group of individuals who want to help in any way that they possibly can with their capital, with their connections. And that, to me, has been the most valuable part of this conference. "
- Yasine Armstrong, Best Pitch Winner, 2019 ACA Summit and Innovation Showcase
What are your names and who do you represent?
Yasine: I'm Yasine Armstrong and I am the co-founder and COO of BabyPage.
Brianna: My name is Brianna McDonald and I'm the president for Keiretsu Forum Northwest.
What are your key takeaways and insights from the 2019 Summit and Innovation Showcase?
Yasine: This is an amazing group of individuals who want to help in any way that they possibly can with their capital, with their connections. And that, to me, has been the most valuable part of this conference.
Brianna: It is just what Yasine said...I'm going to echo that. It's bringing together the investment community to be able to syndicate deals. It takes a village to get these companies to market and deliver us a successful ROI. And by being able to have them participate in this summit, Yasine is now getting access to so many individuals that can help her push the bar forward. Those connections are beyond capital...the resources beyond capital are the things that she could need that can help her grow her company and be successful.
And that's why we're happy we're here in supporting BabyPage.
How did you feel about winning Best Pitch?
Yasine: Oh, I was really excited. I mean, I love this company and I love talking about it, but it's really nice to see other people can see the vision and understand what we're trying to create with BabyPage.
Advice for Future Innovation Showcase Presenters
Brianna:Your pitch is just to start…your pitch brings you interest. So when you come here, the whole goal of what you have to do is to build relationships. So, just know your pitch well inside and out, and that is what is going to get investors intrigued and want to learn more.
Yasine: Yes, entrepreneurs, I would say this was really worthwhile just from the relationship building. And I also think from the being able to practice, talking about your pitch in a way that investors really connect with. This is a great forum to do that in.
Brianna: Thank you, ACA!
Don't miss the 2020 ACA Summit & Innovation Showcase!
May 12-14, 2020 is the “don’t-miss” event for angel investors - the 2020 ACA Summit!
The annual Angel Capital Association Summit is the world’s premier professional development event for angel investors. ACA members, other accredited investors and professionals in the startup ecosystem are invited to attend this industry leading event, which includes gold standard content and top networking opportunities for the 800+ people attending.
Among the many highlights:
- Keynotes by world-leading angels, VCs, and entrepreneurs discuss their exits and insights
- What’s new in angel investing – and what remains as smart practices
- Discuss the latest data and trends in startup investing and different industry sectors
- Roundtables led by the audience (no talking heads!)
- Innovation Showcase, with amazing companies to meet from ACA members and our community
- New speakers representing the greatest diversity of investors – gender, race, location, age, geography
- Many tracks with sessions that fit different needs, from newest angels to those with hundreds of investments
- Fun networking events with leading angels throughout North America and the world
Join ACA for content options that are fit for all angels!